We are looking for a Front End Developer to join our Customer Success team.
hyper[in] is a game-changing cloud solution for people who manage shopping malls. We provide all the tools for multi-channel communication, collaboration, and integration between shopping mall managers, tenants, and their customers.
We are now looking for a front-end developer to join the HyperIn Customer Success team in Helsinki. Our Customer Success team is responsible for customer deployments, account management, customer training and documentation, and customer service and support. In our Customer Success team, you get to develop cutting-edge services that digitalize shopping malls.
As a front-end developer, your tasks include:
- Being part of a team that builds large and medium-size commercial websites for our customers.
- Plan, develop, maintain, and document websites as a part of a team.
- Take part in the development of our Digital Signage guidance software web application.
- Web application design and development using Java/J2EE technologies and open-source components.
- Regularly help with internal projects developing general modules that can be used by a wide range of clients and projects.
- Sync with other developers to maintain consistency and coherence across the products.
- Customization, additional features, small updates/changes every now and then for customers.
- Participate in customer meetings, like project kick-offs.
You have solid technical skills, an interest in new technologies, and the drive to constantly improve and build even better software. We are currently in the process of making big changes to our services and expect you to actively participate in technological development by finding and suggesting new solutions, technologies, and processes.
You know how to co-operate with UI designers and implement websites based on designs. Also the ability to sketch visually appealing solutions in the absence of layouts is appreciated.
We are looking for a candidate who has
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science
- Experience in Front End development
- Experience with frontend frameworks like AngularJS, Svelte, or Bootstrap
- Knowledge of working with REST APIs
- Experience with professional tools like version management with Github and Jenkins build automation is appreciated
- Familiarity with using Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Some experience with back end development
- Experience with Liferay is considered a plus
- Understanding of what makes a good professional website tick - taking into account responsiveness, different browsers, SEO, accessibility, and performance
- Have a great eye for details and some UX/UI experience would be a plus
- Experience in unit testing with Jest
- Time management skills and ability to work with deadlines
- Passionate about software development, innovation, and creative thinking
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbal and written and ability to communicate in Finnish is considered an advantage
- Necessary permits for working in Finland
From this position, you will have the opportunity to grow into the role of full-stack developer or DevOps engineer depending on your own preferences and interests.
As a hyper[in] family member, you will be well-equipped with the latest high-end working tools and the needed support for continuous learning and professional growth. Our premises are modern and comfortable at the HTC in Ruoholahti with relaxation spaces, a pet-friendly environment, personalized working stations, snacks & drinks, and an on-site gym. Our colleagues are an international and experienced mix, with personalities you do not want to miss. Currently, we are working remotely with plans to go to a hybrid work model by the end of the year.
hyper[in] is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees.
If you seek a nice cozy workplace that supports self-growth, diversity, individualism, and a healthy work-life balance, this might be the place for you. Get in contact by sending your CV or link to your LinkedIn profile with your salary expectations to: hr(at)hyperin.com
If possible, you could also share any link that could be useful for us to check out; for instance, your GitHub or Bitbucket accounts.